The Vancouver Police Foundation is proud to partner with the Vancouver Police Department’s Canine Unit to off a new, “Adopt a Kennel” program. This program raises funds for the Vancouver Police Foundation and all our work to support VPD’s Canine unit as well officer-led initiatives that make Vancouver safer for everyone. These programs support those most vulnerable, and now, with your adoption of a kennel, you can too!
For an annual gift of $1,000 you can symbolically adopt one of 14 VPD Canine kennels that houses a VPD canine hero.
- Gifts are $1,000 and entitles you to your adopted kennel for a period of one year (12 months) from the date of your gift
- The Foundation will provide you with special updates during the year
- You will have the first right of refusal to renew your gift and re-adopt your stall at the time of renewal
- You will receive a customizable plaque that will hang on the door of your adopted kennel at the VPD Canine Headquarters
Symbolically adopting a kennel in honour of memory of someone special is a unique way to recognize or remember a special person, a beloved pet, or a meaningful group in your life. Program details are the same as above, but the plaque will be customized in honour or recognition of the person(s) of your choice.
- All gifts to the Vancouver Police Foundation are subject to the Foundation’s Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Making a donation to the Adopt a Kennel program does not grant access to the VPD’s Canine Unit.
- The number of kennels are limited. Adoptions will be granted on a first-come, first served basis and upon receipt of the gift.
- Donors who have adopted a kennel will have first right of refusal on renewing the gift and their adopted kennel.
- The plaques will be approved by the VPD based on operational and facilities considerations and may not be altered.
- The VPD and VPF reserve the right to refuse or suggest alternative plaque wording.
- The VPD cannot guarantee the installation date.
- Only one plaque per kennel is allowed.
- Advertising or promotion via a plaque is not allowed.